CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Eco, Lines, and Holters


I went to the doctor and spoke with my “high risk” physician. I explained my symptoms and what happens when I feel these weird heart flutters. I also tracked my pulse and wrote down all occurrences that this has happened in the last few days. He listened intently and asked if I ever have had these sensations before. I told him a few times in my life I have but not anything significant. Not like lately.

Well, its not blood pressure. It’s either an arrhythmia or a weird valve thing. The valve thing is of no consequence. Women with that typicaly deliver normal babies. Plus he said he doesn’t think that’s what it is because I have never been diagnosed before. Arrhythmia can be nothing as well, providing Noah is still getting all the oxygen and nutrients he needs.

So Thursday I am off to Delnor for an echocardiogram and a holter event monitor. The holter even monitor will be hooked up to me for at least 24 hours for observing these weird heart flutters. From these tests the doctors will examine what’s going on and see what the next step, if any, should be.

On a different note, I am getting a line down my belly! I thought ethnic women usually get these things! I guess it’s better than stretch marks, but equally as gross.

Anyway, Noah is still fine and I am fine. We are just now waiting until Thursday to see what’s going on.

3 comments:

E and K said...

I love you, and little Noah! Both of you be safe! Noah, take care of mommy!

elj377 said...

Oh the brown line! Honey it's a normal part of pregnancy and hopefully yours won't be as bad as mine! It went down my belly and the back of my legs. Mine also got darker the closer I was to delivering! Good luck with the tests tomorrow. I will pray for a good result and that you will have peace in your soul that only the Lord can bring! God bless you!

thensch said...

Wow, the craziness that I've been missing out on! I'm sorry!

Brown line?? I'm definitely having trouble picturing that...it's news to me...