CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 26, 2007

Puffy McPufferson

So I went to the doctor’s office this week for a normal check up. I had concerns about how many braxton hicks contraction I am having and that my feet are so puffy.

The doctor told me that I have to keep my feet up while I am at work because my swelling is not normal. Also coupled with the fact that my blood pressure isn’t the best. So she threatened me with bed rest if I didn’t comply.

I wish my camera did break because I could show you how sad my feet are. I push in at the ankle and the indent stays for about 2 minutes. It’s gross but funny at the same time. Apparently I am the only one that thinks it’s funny though. Moriah and Jordan were grossed out by it. Granted the indents were like a half inch deep into my skin…I can’t say I blame them.

Also, the doctor was kind enough to mention that Noah is…huge. She felt his little leg and head and everything and thought it was funny. She hadn’t had a pregnant woman in a while that she could feel that much kid through the stomach. So we had fun poking him about.

The braxton hicks I am having are a lot for a pregnant woman too. But she mentioned that if I go into labor, they won’t try and stop me. Which is a good thing considering she mentioned his head is firmly planted down, I am having a lot of contractions and am 35 weeks.

So hopefully Noah will just come home early. I keep finding myself praying that I have high blood pressure like Lori Alexander and they have to induce me early. It’s a sad thing I know, but this kid is already probably about 6 to 7 pounds, and I have 5 weeks left!

Plus he seems to be ready. He is really active, very strong, and beautifully knit together. I just want to see him and kiss his little face. Noah, we’re ready when you are kid.

I’ll keep you all updated as to my progress, but just know from here on out, I can go at anytime and we’re all ready for it. The doctors also checked out my heart thing and nothing can be done about it all still. It is abnormal, but it’s not affecting anything so they’ll monitor it for a while.

All in all, a pretty good last couple of weeks.

3 comments:

E and K said...

Yea for update!
Wow, you need to show me your poke able feet!
Hehe, you have a ginormous baby growing inside of you that you have to push out of your kuku (sp?). I know, I know, just wait, it'll happen to me.
Wow, I can't believe that any day you could have little Noah!!! Eeeeeekkk!!!! Come on little Noah!

graceling said...

Yes, my friend. You have what is technically called "pitting edema."

You pit.

Puffy, pitty feet.

Fun, no? :)

And if it makes you feel any better, at 35 weeks, they estimated Abigail would be 9-10lbs. She was born at 37 weeks and was 6.5 lbs. So yea for the early side!

thensch said...

Hmm. Puffy ankles...annoying contractions...all motivation to wait on this whole pregnancy thing....but YAY for baby Noah being almost here!!! :)