CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things Mom Forgot to Tell Me!

Two things that mothers forgot to tell me would happen.

#1 Braxton Hicks contractions
Wwoooooohhhhahhh. No one said they’d be like this! I get a funny feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I am on a roller coaster falling down, then my abdomen gets all hard and it’s very uncomfortable. And it ends up with me inevitably having to rush to the bathroom and pee. Then Noah gets all freaked out and starts pounding his fists. It is getting more and more uncomfortable each time it happens.

Now, my mom told me these would happen, but she did not specify the severity of these little “fake” contractions. I can understand now how women might think they are in labor. I am only seven months along and I get it. I have to watch myself I guess that I am not crying wolf every time I get one when it gets closer to the time. I don’t want to be one of those women that runs to the hospital every time I get one, but seriously, three in a half hour yesterday! Granted, I am supposed to call the doctor if I exceed more than four in an hour, but…man! Wahoo! These are getting serious.

#2 Ligament Stretching
That’s the nice way of putting it. No, it’s more like, “Mama, I hate your pelvis so I am going to stretch it out to the point where you need to sit on an ice pack all day long.” Every day I wake up with the most painful ache in my groin area. I feel like there is a midget running around my house in the middle of the night kicking me in the junk. He is not a happy midget…he is an angry spiteful mean midget with a serious agenda to inflict the most amount of pain in my groin area possible. There are days when I don’t want to get out of my bed.

The only thing I can say is that its better to happen now then at the time of labor. I’d rather stretch it out gradually than while in that already very painful time.

Anyway….all this to say, I still love being pregnant. Jordan and I got to feel a little arm or leg yesterday. Noah was positioned in such a way that we could definitely make out a limb. It is so amazing being able to “hold” our child before he’s even here. Jordan was even amazed. It’s not just a bump, but an actual leg or arm….

6 comments:

thensch said...

Wow. Words escape me. A midget? Kicking you in the groin...who comes up with this stuff??

Paul wants to know if the midget is wearing cleats.

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

No cleats, just steel toe boots.

Heavy steel toes....like the kind of steel we build with. He got a friggin steel base plate over his foot and it's so heavy he has to get momentum up before it actually makes contact...

graceling said...

Braxton Hicks are like having a bowling ball strapped to your tummy, no?

E and K said...

Wow, you make me so excited to some day have children. *Notice the sarcasm.*

Josh Huff said...

Crys, you obviously have never been kicked in the groin before. I can tell you from experience, it feels nothing like what you are describing. Imagine a stomach ache like nothing you've ever felt before plus a knee-buckling pain as if someone grabbed your intestines and tied them in a knot, combined with the mental trauma of now knowing if you'll ever feel pleasure down there again. Now, I hear that labor is painful, but until a girl can experience getting kicked in the nuts, we'll never have a common frame of reference. All the same, wish you the best with your groin problems. -Uncle Josh

elj377 said...

Hang in there girlie! I know how you feel. As to the comments from Uncle Josh--until a man goes through labor he cannot understand what true pain is. You need to try shoving a watermelon sized baby through an opening the size of a coaster...believe me it hurts!