CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stretch Marks and God's Blessing




This is our beautiful son, Noah Riley Ferrell. Everyone...meet Noah, Noah...meet everyone!

I might be an adoring mother, but he looks really cute! Even though its an ultrasound picture.

So, I have this picture posted on my computer desktop to remind myself of how cute he is, because last night Jordan finally noticed two (very small) stretch marks on my hips. I was really saddened by this new revelation. They are really small, but they are there! So today at lunch, I posted his picture to remind myself that these ugly little stretch marks are not for nothing, but a significant sign that God was gracious enough to chose me to be a mother to his new creation. Out of everyone he could have chosen to be this little boy’s mother, he chose me. He thought me fit enough to do this job.

So hopefully I can keep myself accountable to not be so vein and seek outside appearances, but to look inward and realize the gift I have been given is precious and not something everyone can do. I should be thankful for each stretch mark I get. That’s one more sign of how gracious God is to me. And, how abundantly he has blessed me and Jordan.

Besides, Jordan still thinks I am hot, and that’s all that matters!

6 comments:

graceling said...

Stretch marks fade, but the love and joy of a child only grows!

E and K said...

You're always beautiful. Want to know why? Because your inner beauty shines through you! No matter what you look like on the outside, you are will always be beautiful. Peter says beauty is a gentle and quiet spirit; which are of great worth in the sight of God. I love you!
P.S. Congrats on being an aunt again!!!

Moriah said...

Um... I am so trying to feel pity for you and your two itty bitty stretch marks. But since I am the queen of stretch marks and will never be able to reveal my tummy again, I am not sure the pity will spill over. But I love you and your cute son.

elj377 said...

Sorry about the stretch marks, I have heard that cocoa butter helps with it. Your baby is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweety, what about pictures of the cute mommy of Noah. I know that there have been pics taken around our house but I haven't seen them yet. What about the loving daddy talking to Noah. I need some parent pictures!!!

Mom F.

JK x2 said...

Pssh - you are hot!