CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stitches, Belly Buttons, and Giggles

Hello Everyone!

So Jordan’s surgery, though mild, is still very uncomfortable for him. For those of you who didn’t know, we found a few questionable spots on Jordan that needed to be removed and looked at. He had one removed on his back already and that came back negative for cancer. The one on his chest however, the doctor flat out told us, “Is bad news”. So under the knife he went on Monday. He now has a scar on his chest that is about 2 ½ to 3 inches long. And another one on his back about 2 inches long. He has internal and external stitches in both. So pray for us now that the lab results come back negative for cancer. Or that if it is God’s will, than a speedy recovery. We know that Jordan will probably have to go back for more surgery on the chest wound, but as of right now, he’s just in discomfort and safe.

Also, a milestone for us! Jordan finally felt the baby move! I was lying on the bed with my feet hanging off the side, so my belly was totally stretched out, I quick grabbed his hand, and then a few seconds later I hear, “Are you kidding? No seriously, is that the baby?!?” And a goofy grin ensued. It was great! I was smiling all night from it.

It’s funny; somehow Jordan feeling the baby kick makes me feel better. I felt like I had a few skeptical friends out there, but now, it’s like, “Ha! I told ya! Vindication at last.”

That and my belly button is not just almost gone, but pushing it’s way closer to the outside than the inside. “Eewwwww!”, was all I could muster when I finally realized how sad it was. Of course I was sitting down when I noticed it, which makes it look worse. But it’s pretty bad! I am not even 6 months yet and already it’s pushing out. I’ll have Mount Vesuvius instead of a belly button soon!

So that is our week thus far. We are eagerly awaiting the next ultrasound on July 19th to find out the sex of the baby! Knowing our luck though, baby Noli will have its legs crossed and too shy to show us anything. Eventually I’ll know though.

I can not believe how fast this pregnancy I going by. I am half way done! Oh…So sad. I want to hold onto these moments forever!

Anyway, please pray for my husband and what is happening in our family. We really could use extra support. And thank you all for your encouragement!

5 comments:

Moriah said...

I am glad that Jordan's surgery went okay. Tell him to get back in gear for our next game of up ball.
And that is so awesome that he felt the baby move! I think that was the first time it was really real for Josh.
Yea for your belly button! I am thrilled that it is becoming Mount Vesuvius.

graceling said...

Ugh. My belly button was so sensitive when I was with child.

Even now, I cringe for your button (or as they call it in the medical world, your umbilicus.)

E and K said...

Hey, glad the surgery went well, hope Jordan feels in tip top shape real soon.
So excited for you and Jordan, and for feeling Noli! (Why do you spell it Noli, and not Noly, since you're spelling Lily with a y and not an i?)
Anyway, can you believe you have a baby, a little human, a soul in you right now? Isn't God amazing?
Love you!

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

We spell it Noli because it's the first two letters of both names.

E and K said...

OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Got it! Guess what, tomorrow, right? You get to know if you have a little baby girl or a little baby boy inside of you tomorrow!!!