CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Uh Oh...Again


pre·eclamp·sia:


Pronunciation: pre-i-klamp-see-uh


Function: noun


: a toxic condition developing in late pregnancy that is characterized by a sudden rise in blood pressure, excessive gain in weight, generalized edema, albuminuria, severe headache, and visual disturbances


pre-pre-eclamp-sia


: me.

Or so the doctor says. So I have to rest a lot. She might be taking me off of work next week depending on my progress when she sees me next week Wednesday for a check up. “We’re going to have to keep a close eye on you” is how she said.
My blood pressure was 140/84, which is high. It’s normally in the 120’s, which is still high, but I have always been higher than most. And I have edema in my hands, legs, and feet now, not just my feet.
Bottom line, this is not good, because I feel “fine” and a lot of pregnant women tend to fell “fine” and go about their usual activities. This is the trouble starter. They do their regular activities and strain their bodies even more. I fall into that category. So if/when she makes me stay home I’ll have to have a check in person to check on me to make sure I am not doing too much. Jordan is that person right now. So tomorrow and Monday I took off, and I am supposed to rest. Hopefully resting for a four day weekend will prove to be best and help my body out.
I am on the border of preeclampsia. I can either stay this way for the rest of the pregnancy or get worse, and right now we are in a holding pattern. They are going to monitor me closely and if anything changes then “we’ll have to talk”. What ever that means. She tends to say that a lot when she doesn’t want to divulge any information that could frighten me. So for now, I am just praying to God that he delivers Noah safe and sound and keeps us healthy.

6 comments:

E and K said...

Oh no, now you have me worried! Is my Crystal okay? Is my Noah okay? (okay, fine, he's your Noah, but still...)
I love you, Eric and I will be praying for you in these few couple weeks!

Unknown said...

Yikes a Bee stal, that's no good. Sorry I missed you two tonight. I'm praying for you constantly. And I always knew you were "higher" than anyone I knew. stoner.

HER said...

So....Are you resting? I got the movies for you! Oh and I had a dream last night that you were in labor and had Noah - He was SO CUTE! I am so excited for you and Jordon! Rest up

thensch said...

:( I'm sorry to hear all that. I'm praying for you guys! And when I say "you guys" I mean your whole family..you for health and comfort, Noah for health and safety, and Jordan for strength and perseverance to help you out in all the ways needed. Love you guys! :)

elj377 said...

REST!!! FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR's ORDERS!!!! As a Mom who had the same symptoms be on guard, keep yourself calm and don't do too much!

Eryka said...

I'm just so excited for you! I pray for you and your family daily!