CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 12, 2007

This week stinks...

So, this week Jordan and I found out one of the hidden joys of being a married couple.

When one of us is sick...inevitably the other one will also fall sick. And then if we're lucky...we pass it back and forth until our bodies are immune to the world. We got the flu. Well, rather I got the flu, and then shared it with Jordan. As I am the pregnant one and my immune system is on shut down right now, mine was a worse course than His.

For example, my illness is going on a whole week and counting...his....ONE NIGHT! Yup, one of the many joys of being pregnant....your body shuts down the immune system to allow your kid to be there. Apparently, I am not awesome mom yet and my body just sees my baby as an invader of sorts (which it kinda is).

But, a trip to the doctor's today, maybe another day of rest and fluids, and all should be right again in the world. Now if morning sickness is that icky "I don't want to eat anything, but still want to eat everything, but can't cause I don't want to eat anything" feeling, then it's here. Going on week seven ....and morning sickness is so fun! I have already lost three pounds! (mock gladness) But all in all, I can rest assured knowing that morning sickness is my body's way of telling me that everything is right as rain.

Okay, now praise God moments:

Jordan has once again found himself with a few decisions to make. We are waiting to hear back this week on a potential job that would not only provide a great income, but also health care benefits. (Please pray hard about this) Jordan and I are hopeful that this turns out to be "The Job" that we have been praying diligently for.

But if not, there are two other short term prospects to fall on for money flow! We needn't worry...it truly is all in God's hands, and he is taking care of us more than we could ever imagine! I have found rest and hope in the fact that if God cares enough for the little creatures outside that have shelter and food, then our worries are just silly. He loves us, and will continue to take care of us.

So prayer request for the week, we need health care insurance for the pregnancy, and that this opportunity turns out to be fruitful and an enjoyable job that my husband will take pride in. First ultrasound is Monday also, and prayers for that to show us positive things is also welcome prayer, perhaps twins are in our future?!? ; )

Thanks for everyone's support this past few weeks, and prayers...they are much needed, welcome, and appreciated! We are trucking along and relying on our Sovereign to see us through. We love you all.

3 comments:

graceling said...

I hope your morning sickness won't be like your stomach flu. Hopefully morning sickness will be limited to the mornings:)

Yea for being a totally normal mom! And yea for having the first ultrasound on Monday!

Moriah said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys. I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

I love my Crystal! Sorry that you've been icky, hope you're back in tip top shape soon! Can't wait to see baby Ferrell in his/her first picture!