CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Why Morning Sickness is a Ministry

I have been talking this over with God lately and I think I have decided that morning sickness is my ministry right now. As a woman bearing children is our goal in being fruitful Christians, bearing the next generation and bringing them up in the word to make more disciples. I would not be as Godly of a woman if it weren't for my husband and child(ren). They are my refiner's fire. They teach me what it is to be selfless, truly selfless. What it means to set and example with a good foot forward. What it means to be humble, and more importantly what it means to show Christ's love through my actions daily.

If I were single (this is just me know folks) I would be a much more selfish and greedy human being if not for my family. I have learned how to love unconditionally and thoroughly through them. This next child will be no different. What I haven't yet learned I know this next child will endear me to it. With Noah I learned self control and patience. I learned the true meaning of the timing of God. I learned how to put myself last (that was the hardest lesson for me). Moreover I learned how much God is in my life and in control of it. Noah was conceived the month Jordan lost his job, and we had absolutely no health insurance. We lived in a one bedroom apartment above a very noisy and smokey neighbor. And yet God changed all that into good. God proved to me the words for the good of those who he has called according to his will.

So why should I doubt this morning sickness is any different? Through my newest child this morning sickness has already proven to me my perseverance is more than I thought possible. I CAN eat food I don't want to. I CAN get up and take care of my house while I am ill. I can love this child with every fiber of my being while afflicted with nausea. If I can love my children and accomplish all this through my suffering how much more so then can Jesus for me? Morning sickness isn't my affliction. It's my first step onto the new path God has for me. It's the first indicator that things are changing and this new change brings with it new challenges and new lessons to be learned. Much like graduating to the next grade, it has new and different and harder problems to be solved.

Morning Sickness is not only my ministry to the world for bring forth (hopefully) another believer in Christ, but it is MY ministry. How God is shaping me and preparing me for His will and purpose. So I should embrace it. I WILL embrace it! I will wake up each morning and say, "Praise God for this nauseousness for without it I would not know you Lord!"

I hope. Or at least I'll think a little more positively about it. Speaking so early in the morning makes ma gag a little.... But I'll try!

4 comments:

graceling said...

This is a very humbling and inspiring look at morning sickness. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

Also, as a long-term morning sickness mommy, I do recommend the chiropractor. God made our bodies so intricately- it's all connected- and keeping our bodies physically healthly and aligned can really help us so much!

Anonymous said...

well said crystal, well said. thank you for writing and sharing - you have helped me today (not with morning sickness) but with perspective. so thank you!

hope it goes away soon - even though it is helping you to be more holy.

big hugs!! :) ROsie......:)

(unless they make you more nauscious of course)

and I cannot for the life of me spell that word!!

Anonymous said...

Crystal!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Jordan! I can't wait to meet blessing #2!

BTW, I had Noah in the nursery on Sunday and had to tell you that he is just about the sweetest boy I've ever met in my life! When I came into the room he wrapped himself in his little blanket, plopped himself in my lap, and wouldn't leave me! Too cute...

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!!! Praise God for his work in your heart!
Jessica