CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, it all started with me thinking I was pregnant because of my charting and talking to the doctor at my yearly exam. She said that I was showing some basic signs of being pregnant, and I was like, "Nuh uh!"

So, I spoke with Jordan and told him the doctor's findings and we started the waiting game. I took a test at the 5 day marker before my period, and it was negative. Three tests laster over the course of a week and i thought, "Whew, that was a close call!"

I was getting sick and tired of the, "Am, am I not?" game that I decided to call the doctor and be put on the pill. It wasn't worth the roller coaster ride of "what if" each month only using a diaphragm. I thought to myself that they'd take a pregnancy test before they issue the medication and I don't have maternity insurance to cover that cost, so what if I just bring in a pregnancy test taken that morning and use that as proof so as to not incure the costs of the doctor's test. Well, I didn't have to pee.

So i drank water, and waited, and waited. Finally a small trickle happened, I quickly grabbed the test and got a few drops on the test before I dried up again. DANG IT! So I put the test down and waited a little while longer until I had another urg to pee. 30 seconds later I grab it up again to pee on it only to see not one, but TWO LINES!

My initial reaction was, "Well that's new." Just like Rachel on Friends dreaming of kissing Joey.
I literally said it out loud. I didn't think I had enough pee on the test to even get it wet let alone to turn it positive! So I immediately call Jordan and tell him at work. He was happy, But had to stifle it cause we weren't telling anyone just yet, it was only one test after all.

Then I called my mom. She shreiked the news to her entire office!

Then I raced to the corner walgreens and bought a package containing three more tests. Came home (by that time all the water kicked in) and took two more tests. PREGNANT! POSITIVE!

Then I waited with tthe three tests on the counter for Jordan to come home.

Three days later I took the last test just for grins and, what do you know, POSITIVE.

Needless to say, we are PREGNANT!And by the way, for those of you wondering, First Response is the best test out there. It never gives false positives and was the most clear and correst test we've taken.

Lastly, we are due early October. We aren't sure of the exact date yet but we'll get there soon enough. We'll keep you posted. Please pray in the meantime for a healthy baby and that health care costs are overseen by God. We have done a lot of research and we have found so much that God is already helping with, but a little more would be great!

P.S. Anyone needing help with the financials in the area I have a wealth of knowledge to impart! You'd be surprised how much money is out there and help!

Thanks! and God bless!

7 comments:

graceling said...

I like how you say "we've taken the test" as if Jordan is the one peeing on the stick.

Maybe he holds the stick for you? Crowded.

graceling said...

Oh, and congrats again!

JK x2 said...

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! What a roller coaster ride for you guys (and those of us reading the post! :-D), but I'm sure you're thrilled and we all are for you!

Blessed Mommy said...

can't wait for another cute baby in your fam!! congrats again!!

Talitha said...

Hooray for my fourth niece/nephew! I'm so excited! Also... I'm glad people know now so I can talk about it! YAY! I love you and my babies!

E and K said...

Yea, yea, yea!!!!
And, 4 tests?! You're a dork! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great blog entry - had me in suspense the entire time even though I already knew from FB!! :) congrats!! :)

Rosie.......:)