CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

How God is Timing This Event

I went to the doctor's on Friday and waited in the waiting area for almost an hour. The last time that happened our doctor got called away for a delivery and I had to see a nurse. I was kind of relieved at that thought because this was the day that the doctor determined (as well as Jordan and I) when Noah is to arrive. She was planning on inducing us this weekend. Needless to say, I was a little more than a little relieved to think that she wasn't there to make this decision yet. It's a scary thing to be induced....and to have a baby deadline.

So there I was, waiting. Then I hear those fateful words, "Crystal, the doctor will see you now." SHE WAS THERE! In fact my doctor was there covering for another doctor's patients....great. Now I am freaking out. I have to have a baby, like...right now!

So I go in and hoped that she might not remember me. She did. Fortunately though Delnor does not like to induce women unless it it medically necessary or past their due date. They gave my doctor a hard time and ultimately the soonest they could get me in to be induced is not until Thursday evening. Which, if you all know us enough, is Noah's due date anyway. So we won't have a baby this weekend unless God sees fit to grace us with Noah.

I was getting apprehensive about the whole process for a couple of reasons. One is because I want that excitement of not knowing when I'll go into labor, and that surprise phone call to Jordan to have him come home from work. The second is that it is supposed be really painful really fast. And lastly, because I wanted to know what it's like to go into labor naturally. I felt we were also just allowing a "rush" process to see Noah and if I know God the way i do, that's not how he works. I have to always be more patient than I hope.

God is dictating this whole thing no doubt. No matter how badly we wanted to see Noah this weekend, God has other plans and nothing we do can interfere. We should have known better. We can't rush God. We try every time and fail miserably.

So for everyone out there, we can (and probably will) go into labor at any moment. But for now we know that it's definitely going to happen on or by his due date. Not this weekend by choice of our doctor or us. God has a time frame in mind and we cannot change that.

5 comments:

E and K said...

Yea!!! God and Noah get to decide when he comes!
I understand where you are coming from (well, as much as I can at this moment!). I would rather do the whole "Oh my word, baby coming now, call husband get to hospital!!!" The whole unknown, unplanned, exciting, living in the moment moment!
I know you got to be in such anticipation though!!! I can't wait to meet him, can't imagine (yet) how you guys feel!!!

JK x2 said...

Oh the suspense kills me! I kept checking the blog and thinking of you guys last week..and waiting for a phone call from Aunty Talitha, which I am sure I will get soon after the exciting event happens- ahem, ahem! :-D

E and K said...

Congrats Jordan and Crystal and precious baby Noah!!!

JK x2 said...

So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to meet your precious boy!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.