CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am NOT too big....


All right! I have to put a stop to this. I keep having reoccurring dreams that everyone is yelling at me and telling me I need to loose weight because I am too big. This is actually affecting my sleep and dreams. Jordan was getting concerned about my confidence because of how I already feel, let alone what people say to me. So please pay close attention to this entry.

Lately the conversation about my belly and body has been as follows:

Person: (With grotesque look on face) “Oh my word! You are sooooo big! I can’t believe how big you are! I was never that big! Wow!”

Me: (With sheepish grin) “No, I don’t think I am, The doc-“

Person: (interrupting) “No way, you are big. I can tell. I wasn’t ever like that. Are you sure there’s only one?”

Me: (Looking sadly at my belly) “Well, the last time I was at the doct-“

Person: (interrupting again) “Well, I’d ask your doctor, cause wow. That’s all I can say, wow!”

Me: (Walking away) “I…um…. have to check on my husband”.

This is what it’s like being in my shoes. It’s not a matter of who says it; it’s a matter of how many people in one day say this type of thing to me. So, since I have everyone’s attention here is what I keep trying to tell you all.

I go to the doctor’s regularly. They measure my belly each time I go. There is a scale of measurements that a pregnant woman should stay within. They measure from the top of the uterus to the bottom. That measurement should be the same number as your week in pregnancy, give or take a few. I was 24 weeks pregnant and measuring 24. I am 100% normal! Not huge, not gigantic. Normal.



The only explanation I can give you all is that started out a thin person. So it may appear that I am large when you see where I started from. Also, for those of you who “never were this big” I’d beg to differ. If your uterus didn’t measure at least 24 or 25 your child would have been born under a pound. Since that’s not likely the case, perhaps you are mistaken or started out a different size than me. Because my uterus is taking over my whole belly, that’s what you see. Your uterus’ might not have had to come out as much as mine, but it did have to get as big as mine is.

Other girls show later when they have larger stomach cavities or wider hips and it appears that they were smaller, but when you have more hip space and room for the baby, it doesn’t come out as quick or as much. It just fills up the space you already have. I don’t have much space in there. Noah has no where else to go but out. Every woman’s uterus gets as big as an eight pound baby. So to say that you “never were that big” is a misjudgment.

All I ask is that you all are encouraging to me and Jordan. Like I said before, I am having nightmares about this. What pregnant woman do you all know likes to hear how big she is? Please have a little more heart and loving encouragement when you all speak with me about this. Wipe the grotesque look off your face and understand that I am a smaller person and my baby and I are just growing. Even if I were too big, what would it matter?

Understand that I am normal, Noah is doing great, and I am a pregnant lady you are speaking too with feelings. Albeit sometimes over emotional, but no one wants to hear how “big” they are.

Thank you to those of you who have been encouraging. Pregnant or not, everyone needs encouragement.

As far as an update on Noah, he’s doing great! The doctor’s ruled out a long time ago any heart defects, or down syndrome. And he is moving a lot! When he is active you can actually see him move from the outside. It’s like a little alien has invaded my belly. Or at least that’s what Jordan says it looks like. And Noah whole heartedly loves his daddy.

Whenever Jordan is around and talking Noah is awake and moving. When Jordan comes home and says, “Bobbid, I’m home” and starts talking, Noah instantly wakes up and moves around. He acknowledges when his daddy is home. I can sing and yell at the top of my lungs but nothing, it takes daddy’s voice to get him going. I love that though. He notices no one else in the world except his pappa. I love it.

8 comments:

Talitha said...

I love your belly! Maybe I don't say it enough but I do!!!! It is the belly/uterus that is holding my first nephew!!! And I think that you are gorgeous! I hope I look as amazing as you do when I get pregnant one day... lovings!

P.S. 8 DAYS!!!

graceling said...

I'm sorry you are having belly issues... I like a nice baby belly! They get me excited because they are one of the outside signs (one that someone other than mom has) about the miracle that God is knitting together in your womb.

And as for measuring, it's interesting how a 24 can look different on 2 different bodies. And it's a blessing that docs do it, because for me, measuring "small" after consistently measuring "normal" was one of the first and only signs that Abigail was having some problems. So yea for being normal!

JUDE said...

MY LOVE

DO NOT LET OTHERS GET YOU DOWN ABOUT THAT BEAUTIFUL BELLY ...THAT BELLY HOLDS PRECIOUS CARGO AND YOU SHOULD ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT ...WITH LOVE AND PRAYERS JUDE

thensch said...

Stale-Pal...just tell me who it is that's been mean to you, lemme at 'em, lemme break a little ghetto attitude at 'em for ya......I know I haven't seen you in a while, but I think you are one of the most beautiful people I know, and every pregnant picture of you that I've seen only confirms it!!! I only hope I look as cute and beautiful as you when God blesses us with a child!

Seriously...lemme at 'em...

thensch said...

PS - Could you send me pics of your latest cute self?? I haven't seen you in forever.......I haven't seen you since finding out you're carring NOAH, not Lily!!

E and K said...

To be completely honest, I don't think you are that big! I didn't see you last week, but the week before I saw you, and you were just as cute as you always are! Sorry people are making you feel bad! (Oops, I started writing this a while ago and didn't finish!)

elj377 said...

So sorry that you feel like people are picking on you. I know how you feel even though I haven't seen you. I weighed 95 pounds when I started with my first and ended at 143 so I gained a ton of weight and people who hadn't seen me in awhile were always making rude comments or trying to be encouraging but coming across totally discouraging. Thanks for the reminder of how mom's feel when pregnant--I know that I have forgotton all the emotions. Congrats on being over half way there! Keep your chin up!

Moriah said...

Um, I think you are big, but like you said it is relative to what you were before. And love your belly and I love the size you are because it means my little boy if healthy. Keep growing!

From Charis:
vbgy b bnygtxv vvc v gb b bbb